Sunday, January 29, 2012

Slow Cooker Sundays - Bean and Tortellini Stew

This was a simple and filling meal!! Unfortunately I didn't get a very good picture of it because we were out late and by the time we got home it was dark outside. But is was so good I will make it again soon and then I will update with a photo! I promise!!
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 2 medium zucchini, in 1-inch cubes, about 1 cup
  • 3 1/2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
  • 1 large can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
  • 3 1/2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
  • 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) canned great northern beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons dried leaf basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 8 ounces fresh or dry cheese-filled tortellini, cooked


Combine all ingredients except tortellini in Crock Pot. Mix well. Cover and cook on Low setting for at least 6 hours. When ready to serve, increase heat to High setting. Add cooked tortellini. Cook 10 minutes longer, until heated through.



The Slow Cooker Sunday Link Up, hosted by Doggie at the Dinner Table, is a place for other foodie lovers to share links to their blogs. Every Sunday a linky will be posted with recipes from my own kitchen. The linky will be open for 24 hours and you can link up to posts you’ve posted in the past. 

The Fine Print: 
  • You are free to join the Slow Cooker Sunday link up at any time. You can also skip a few weeks and then come back.But we will miss you! :)
  • Please link directly to a post containing a slow cooker recipe— not your main blog URL.
  • Please only link to your own blog or photos hosted online.
  • You MUST link back to Doggie at the Dinner Table in your blog post. This way, if someone else wants to join the fun, they can. You can either link with text or using the Slow Cooker Sunday photo which can be found in the sidebar.
  • I highly encourage you to visit other participants and leave comments. This is a great way to meet new friends and become inspired in your culinary quests! I try to visit all the blogs participating as well!






2 comments:

  1. I'm just discovering how to take advantage of my slow cooker, and let me tell you, I am in love! This recipe looks fabulous!
    I couldn't find any other contact info for you, so I wanted to let you know I awarded you the Liebster award and you can check it out on my blog http://www.kitchie-coo.com/2012/01/i-am-winner.html. Love reading your blog and now its your turn to award this to five of your favorite up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.
    Hope you're having an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Maggie! I am honored and so glad you have been enjoying my new adventure! I can't wait to pass this award on to some of my new fav bloggers! :)

      Delete

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave us a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDF