Welcome again to another addition of #sundaysupper! This week we are all bringing dishes with wine to the table. I have to admit, I am not a big wine drinker so I was a little in left field when we were given this task. But I had just visited a beautiful winery for a friend's birthday celebration last month out in the Texas Hill Country and had brought back some recommended wines for my mom who IS a big wine drinker. She loved the selection from the Grape Creek Winery so much that I signed her up for their wine club and she is excited to get her first shipment!
|Grapes on the vine at Grape Creek Vineyards|
Not knowing too much about wine I decided to try something classic and simple. I had a glass of their 2011 Grand Rouge and it was suprisingly sweet and fruity for a red wine. It has great undertones of blackberries and blueberries so I thought it would be the perfect wine to try in my sauce!
If there IS one thing I know a lot about it is steak. Yum. I am pretty sure I could eat steak everyday of my life and die happily (of cardiac arrest probably, but happy none the less!) The creamy sauce made the perfect accompanyment to my delicious ribeye!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly diced onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine (I used Grape Creek's Grand Rouge)
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns roughly chopped
Heat oil in pan and add onions and garlic. Cook until soft and fragrant, about 2 mins. Add in the wine and let simmer for about 5 mins before adding in the remaining ingredients. Allow to simmer until sauce begins to thicken, about 10 mins stirring frequently. Pour over a yummy well cooked steak and enjoy!
Please take a moment to check out all of the great recipes from my fellow #sundaysupper bloggers!
We welcome you to grab a glass of wine and join us for this week’s special Sunday Supper Wine Event. We will be sharing these fabulous recipes along with the perfect wine pairing at 7:00 pm ET.
- A Midsummer’s Picnic w/ Wine by GirliChef
- Shrimp Scampi with Homemade Garlic Toast by Big Bears Wife
- Jerk Turkey Burgers with Mango Slaw by ENOFYLZ
- Wine & Dine with Schlossadler International Wine Club by Wine Everyday
- Elegant Pot Roast by Daily Dish Recipes
- Chicken with Feta and Sundried Tomatoes + Apple Crisp by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Shepherd’s Pie with Red Wine Mushroom Gravy by Juanita’s Cocina
- Pork Piccatta by Family Foodie
- Shrimp Skagen Salad in Avocado Halves by Tora’s Real Food
But the fabulous recipes don’t stop there, there are more amazing recipes to pair with this fabulous wine:
- Shrimp Salad With Lemon Tarragon Dressing by Magnolia Days
- Red, White and Cordon Bleu by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peppercorn Steak by Doggie At The Dinner Table
- Chicken Florentine by There and Back
- Penne Rigate with a White Ragu Sauce by Momma’s Meals
- Moules a la Provencale by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Delicious BBQ Ribs by Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Chicken and Mushroom Chicken Piccata by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Ginger Roast Chicken with Red Wine Plum Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Roasted Sausages and Grapes by Comfy Cuisine
- Rice with White wine and black olives by Basic N Delicious
- Beef Stroganoff by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Strawberry-Pink Champagne Sorbet by The Messy Baker Blog
- Italian Style Baby Back Ribs by Cooking Underwriter
- Muscat and Raspberry Cake by Happy Baking Days
- Pretty in Pink Champagne Macarons by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Late Harvest Citrus Cake by Vintage Kitchen Note
Wine Pairings by ENOFYLZ