Welcome again to #SundaySupper! I am really enjoying my time with these amazing bloggers. It is such a great opportunity to get the word out on how important it really is to take the time to sit down with your family and share a meal. We are blessed to eat dinner together every night of the week (unless of course the rare date night occurs!). Of course, my kids are only 5, 2, and 3 months so they have no real social live of their own yet. I am hoping that by starting them out young turning off the tv and sitting down to share stories of our day together that they will still want to do the same when they are teens. Haha - here's to hoping!
This weeks theme is "Beat the Heat" and I know ALL to well here in central Texas that the heat can certainly be a challenge. With temps commonly being in the 100s for 3 straight months I DO NOT want to be in the kitchen all day with the oven on! I would be happy have 3 meals a day of ice cream but my thighs and my children's dentist would disagree.
This is a recipe for an old family favorite that used to only get busted out at holidays. I don't understand that mentality as an adult. If it' something you love you should make it more often - especially when it is so super easy!
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 squares melted unsweetened chocolate
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 tub of whipped cream
In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Blend in melted chocolate and vanilla. Add eggs 2 at a tome beating 3-5 mins each. Pour into pie crust. Allow to freeze for 2 hours. Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Place in freezer another 2 hours or until ready to serve.
Mama F: 10 - Nice and cool for the summer and requires NO cooking! Brings back great childhood memories for me!
Daddy F: 8 - It was really good but REALLY rich. I could only eat half the lice I was given.
Fuller Kids: 7 - Not surprisingly Big E was not a fan with her disgust over chocolate. Little E however could not get enough!
Lucky the Dog: 2 - Chocolate not good for Lucky the Dog. Sneaked a lick of whipped topping. Was good. Want more.
Check out this week's other "Beat the Heat" #Sunday Supper participants!
- Refreshing Chunky Shrimp Salsa ~ The Weekend Gourmet
- Totally Cool Green Hummus ~ My Kitchen and I
- Smoked Whitefish Salad Bagel Bites ~ Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Watermelon and Goat Cheese Bites ~ Chelsea's Culinary Indulgence
- Strawberry Gazpacho ~ Diabetic Foodie
- Grilled Loaded Baked Potato Skins ~ In the Kitchen with KP
- Sweet & Tangy Chili Lime Fruit Salad ~ Sue's Nutrition Buzz
- Cool Cucumber Salad ~ Momma's Meals
- Lemony Garbanzo Kale Salad with Tuna ~ Shockingly Delicious
- Hungarian Cucumber Salad Recipe - Uborkasaláta Recept ~ The Watering Mouth
- Tomato Salad with Macadamia Cheese ~ Cooking's Good Vegetarian Cafe
- Char-Grilled Corn Salad ~ The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Gazpacho ~ The Hand That Rocks the Ladle
- Summertime Sweet Pea Salad ~ Granny's Down Home Southern Cooking
- Apple and Poppy Seed Coleslaw ~ Damn Delicious
- Cold Cucumber and Orzo Salad ~ Mama.Mommy.Mom
- Chilly Dilly Cucumber Soup with Shrimp ~ Comfy Cuisine
- Mom's Creamy Pea Salad ~ Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Greek (Yogurt) Potato Salad ~ Family Foodie
- Rainbow Slaw with Steak and Chipotle Crema ~ Cooking By The Seat of our Pants
- Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken ~ Make Dinner Easy
- Rolling with Kimbap ~ Kimchi Mom
- Ranch Chicken Tacos ~ Pippi's In The Kitchen Again
- Serrano Ham, Mozzarella and Arugula Sandwiches ~ Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Asian Veggie Lettuce Wraps ~ The Lemon Bowl
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork ~ Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- No Bake Pizza ~ The Meltaways
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream ~ Supper for a Steal
- No-Cook Egg-Free Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream ~ Chocolate Moosey
- Peach Sorbet ~ Magnolia Days
- Gluten-Free Cookie Dough Ice Cream ~ No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Icebox Chocolate Pie ~ Doggie at the Dinner Table
- Honey and Elderflower Ice Cream ~ Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Blackberry Lavender Popsicles ~ Girlichef
- Frozen Chocolate Bananas ~ In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Strawberry-Lime Margarita Ice Cream ~ Cookistry
- Elegant Fruit Jellies ~ Happy Baking Days
- Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches ~ That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream ~ Baker Street
- Vanilla Peach Swirl Frozen Yogurt ~ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Espresso and Toasted Almond Semifreddo ~ The Messy Baker
- Mango Ice Cream ~ Queen's Notebook
- Raspberry Mousse ~ Basic and Delicious
- White Apricot & Honeysuckle Sorbet ~ Family Spice
- Biscoff Ice Cream Cupcakes ~ Juanita's Cocina
- Shirley Temple ~ Cravings of a Lunatic
- Coco-Limeade ~ What Smells So Good?
- Prickly Pear White Wine Spritzer ~ Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Classic Daquiri ~ Katherine Martinelli
- Salty Lassi ~ Soni's Food for Thought
- Blueberry Mint Lemonade ~ Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet Basil & Cucumber Melon Smoothie ~ Daily Dish Recipes