I love trying out new things in the crock pot. This is something that I have cooked on the stove before but it is SO much more tender (and easier!) when made slow.
- 1 pound stew beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/8 cup onions thinly sliced and chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 serrano chile peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in a small amount of cold water
Directions:In a skillet over med heat, brown meat in oil on all sides. Add in onions and cook until translucent, about 2 mins. Pour off excess grease. Place meat and onions into slow cooker. Add tomato paste, beef broth, salt and pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, chile peppers, and water. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 12 hours, or until meat is very tender. Turn to high and dissolve about 2 teaspoons of cornstarch in small amount of cold water and slowly pour into stew until desired thickness of gravy is obtained. Serve with pico de gallo and warm tortillas.
The Slow Cooker Sunday Link Up, hosted by Doggie at the Dinner Table, is a place for other foodie lovers to share links to their blogs. Every Sunday a linky will be posted with recipes from my own kitchen. The linky will be open for 24 hours and you can link up to posts you’ve posted in the past.
The Fine Print:
- You are free to join the Slow Cooker Sunday link up at any time. You can also skip a few weeks and then come back.But we will miss you! :)
- Please link directly to a post containing a slow cooker recipe— not your main blog URL.
- Please only link to your own blog or photos hosted online.
- You MUST link back to Doggie at the Dinner Table in your blog post. This way, if someone else wants to join the fun, they can. You can either link with text or using the Slow Cooker Sunday photo which can be found in the sidebar.
- I highly encourage you to visit other participants and leave comments. This is a great way to meet new friends and become inspired in your culinary quests! I try to visit all the blogs participating as well!