Thursday, March 1, 2012

Choco Peanut Oaties




These were always some of my favorite cookies growing up. Unlike the rest of my family I always have enjoyed the texture of oatmeal in my cookies. As I grew older I learned it was healthy(er) for you too.  Of course, my kids are weird and dont like chocolate so I made a batch without the chocolate chips. They taste almost as good. :)

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

Heat oven to 375.  In a large bowl cream together peanut butter and butter. Add sugars. Beat in vanilla and eggs until well blended.  Mix in baking soda and flour on low speed. Stir in oats and chocolate chips by hand.
On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by tablespoons ( I pushed them down with the back of the spoon so the would cook more flat). Bake 10 -12 mins or just until edges begin to brown. Remove from oven and cool.

Eat just one, I dare you!

Our Ratings:


Mama F: 9 - who doesn't love a cookie warm from the oven!






Daddy F: 10 - I love the way the edges are crunchy and the middle says moist!






Fuller Kids: 10 - they loved their non chocolate versions. My oldest requested to eat them for dinner because "its peanut butter and oatmeal so its like breakfast" haha.




Lucky the Dog: 12 - Mmmmmm cookies!!! Lucky loves peanut butter!! I eat kid kind. No chocolate for doggies. 

1 comment:

  1. yup, these are my absolute favorite cookies! I love peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip, I'd take these over a regular chocolate chip any day! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave us a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDF