Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Cheeseballs

Yikes. I am 31 weeks pregnant today and beginning to feel totally unprepared for the reality of having 3 children.  I went to see the ob yesterday for my every 2 week check up (yes, I am blessed to go every 2 weeks since I am such a high risk for premature labor) he said everything looks fine. Just keep counting contractions and make sure I stay well hydrated.



Ugh. That dreaded word. Hydration. I am sure that he does NOT mean copious amounts of Mountain Dew or Dr Pepper. But I have a secret. I hate water. It is so boring. I even tried those crystal light packs to try and fool myself into thinking I was drinking yummy, sugary kool-aid - but I still knew it was water. So....I went to the grocery store and bough a HUGE watermelon!! I LOVE watermelon! I struggled to get it into the car and then when I asked hubby to take it out he said, Are you having a party?? Nope, just trying to stay well hydrated! haha



Anyway, this has nothing to do with this recipe. I also continue to crave spicy things. With my current youngest child's pregnancy I seriously at hot wings like 3-4 times a week. She came out a firey rambunctios red head. I am blaming it on the hot wings. So this time I told myself I would eat lots of cake so she would be a sweet quiet and obedient child. Haha - yeah still need the heat. Silly cravings!

I am a big fan of "I can make that!". My friend had a super bowl party and she had catered and they made these buffalo bites. So here is my version of the tasty treat!

Ingredients:

  • meat from 1 cooked rotisserie chicken
  • 1/3 cup hot sauce
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped white onions
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 3 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 cups panko bread crumbs
  • oil for frying ( I use peanut oil) 

Directions:

Heat oil in deep fryer to 350 degrees. Place chicken into a food processor and chop until fine crumbles.  Transfer chicken to a bowl and add hot sauce, pepper, cheese, and onions. Mix well.  Roll the chicken into small (quarter sized) balls. Roll each ball in the flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. Fry chicken in oil in batches. Remove to paper towel lined plate to drain any excess oil. Serve with ranch or blue cheese!

Our Ratings:


Mama F: 9 - Love how the panko bread crumbs make the outside crunchy! These are the perfect little bite sized treat and they pack a punch!





Daddy F: - 9 These were spicy and tasty. Would be great for a party or BBQ.






Fuller Kids: 1 - Not fans. My 4 year old insisted she needed to try them even after I told her they were spicy. She may have cried a little. That means they are good, right?




Lucky the Dog: 3 - Human mommy said it was too spicy. But I did enjoy the chicken she put in dog bowl!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful post. Love the idea of the cheeseballs, can't wait to try them. Praying for safe pregnancy and healthy baby. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My! This sounds like they would be exploding with deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I don't like water either! and my family looks at me like a weirdo since they insist water tastes like nothing anyway, while I insist its because it tastes like nothing (Actually no, sometimes it tastes like they put too much chemicals in the bottle) that I dislike it.
    Which is why I always put a tea packet in my water.

    I am not a sicy food person, but those look so cute! almost like spicy cream puffs!

    Lilian
    noveltoybox.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jessica! Hope everything is going okay with your pregnancy and you are feeling good. We miss you in blogland and I can't wait to hear how that little baby is doing. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave us a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDF